Smart Pain Solutions is your easiest option for DOT Physicals in the St. Louis area. We have flexible hours to get you in quickly and are conveniently located right off interstate 70 in Bridgeton. DOT Physicals are a simple check-up to keep us all safe and keep you healthy. Give us a call at 314-298-1400 so you can get in, get out, and get back on the road. Price for the exam is $65.
Who needs a DOT Physical?
Department of Transportation Physicals are required for anyone with a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or Commercial Learners Permit (CLP). They are a great idea for anyone that drives a vehicle for a living, even if it isn’t on a CDL. Some other employers may also require a physical depending on the job requirements. For more info about who is required to have a DOT physical visit the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Home Page. Call to Schedule today, 314-298-1400.
What's the purpose of the physical?
The main concern is to figure out if there is a medical condition that could put you out of commission while driving. There is never a good time to have a heart attack or stroke but having one while hauling a full load a 75 mph is a really bad time. DOT physicals are meant to keep you and the other drivers on the road safe. The main objective of one of these physical exams is to reassure the government that an individual does not have any underlying or overt medical conditions that would inhibit them from safely operating a vehicle for long periods of time.
What to Expect at your DOT Physical?
- We will review your health history with you. It’s best to bring any prescriptions or paperwork from other doctors with you. You can also print out our health history form ahead of time and fill it out.
- We will check your vitals including height, weight and blood pressure. Then we check your eyes and ears. We check kidney function with an in-office urine test (not a drug test). Then a general physical checking heart, lungs, reflexes, spine and joints.
What to Bring to your DOT Physical?
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- A list of the medications or supplements you are taking.
- Contacts, glasses or hearing aid if you need them.
- Contact information for any Doctors you are presently under the care of.
- If you have a condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure you will need to bring the proper forms filled out by the treating doctor.
- A full bladder.
Why use Smart Pain Solutions for your DOT physicals?
- Easy to schedule. Smart Pain Solutions is open 6 days a week. You can always be seen within 48 hours, and many times the same day.
- Conveniently located off highway 70 in Bridgeton, Missouri.
- Cost is only $65.
- Laminated short form. When you pass, a laminated copy of your certification will be produced for you to carry in your vehicle.