Making Your DOT Physical A Breeze
If you have a CDL, you need a physical. At Smart Pain Solutions we have streamlined the process. Get in. Get out. Get back on the road. Here are six easy things that you can do to make your physical go even smoother.
Tips for a Smooth DOT Physical
- Caffeine and cigarettes raise your blood pressure. So don’t have any coffee, energy drinks or tobacco for 30 minutes before you arrive.
- Make sure you are well rested and a few minutes early. Rushing in because you were in a hurry is a sure way to raise your blood pressure.
- A urine dip stick for kidney function is part of the test. Be sure to have a glass of water and refrain from using the bathroom before you get to the office.
- If you have eyeglasses, contact lenses or a hearing aid, bring them to use during examination.
- Bring a list of your medications and the names of any doctors who prescribed them. If you are unsure of the doctor’s name, it’s written on the prescription bottle.
- Fill out the driver’s health history before you get here. Conditions such as heart diseases, diabetes, sleep disorders, neurological conditions and anything related to pain, such as a bad back, shoulder or knee are all important. If you have a history of depression, anxiety or other psychological conditions we will need the information. Also, if you are being treated for smoking cessation or alcoholism we need to discuss it.
At Smart Pain Solutions our goal is to make your job easier by being both thorough and efficient. It’s our commitment to get you back on the road as soon as possible!
Smart Pain Solutions also provides physicals for other professions in St. Louis. Taxi Driver Physicals, CNA Physicals, Sport Physicals, and Pre-employment are among the list of what we offer.
To Schedule call 314-298-1400